Monday, October 18, 2010

Hurry Up + Wait

So we waited all day for surgery today. And by 'we' I, of course, mean Geoff but I think it counts that I spent the day waiting with him. Right? :)

Just before 8 pm, we got the news that it wasn't going to happen. So Geoff got his one meal before starting the wait all over again (he can't eat or drink just in case an OR opens up with short notice). We'll play the same game tomorrow, hopefully with a happier ending.

I made it home just after 9 pm and had a bubble bath while drinking wine out of a frosty mug with a straw. If that's not a statement on how things are going, I'm not sure what is.

I miss having Geoff at home. This family doesn't work without him.

I miss my monkey, who's having a party at Grandma + Grandpa's house. The days are just happier when she's a part of them.

I miss working and making dinner and watching TV and going on walks and NORMAL.

I miss being able to make decisions about what is best for me and my health instead of shoving my own well-being aside to just go with the flow and survive this.

Our niece Libby arrives tomorrow, so we'll be able to make some decisions about when Briony should re-enter the picture here at home. And then maybe I can go grocery shopping. And reschedule my desperately needed but inconveniently scheduled massage + doctors appointments. It's really the little things right now... And today's tiny miracle was that Briony's antibiotics finally appear to be working a little bit - she was better today instead of the same or worse, and WE'LL TAKE IT :)

We're keeping our perspective. This is *so* not a disaster. It's just hugely annoying. And we need to get this surgery out of the way so that we can stop waiting and start recovering.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all of you who are continuously filling my inbox with messages of encouragement and support. They are fueling us in a way you'll never know, and I hope that we're able to reflect that same love back onto you when you need it.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At October 19, 2010 8:34 AM, Blogger Nessie said...

Way to have a positive attitude! <--- not sarcasm! :) It sounds like you're having one of those times when everything just piles on. Hang in there. I'll be sending good vibes and prayers your way all day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home