Wednesday, August 25, 2010

From Tiffany, With Love

So it's likely no surprise that Geoff + I have been having a blast planning our NYC trip. The biggest stress since figuring out a fabulous plan for Briony and locating a fabulous hotel has been trying to decide what to see on Broadway ('Wicked' is obvious, but there are so many others I'd love to add to that list... and this is possibly the only time in my life where I'll get to use my Theatre minor, hehe).

Naturally, I called it 'research' when I started browsing the Tiffany site a few weeks ago. The hints I've been dropping have been anything but subtle and may or may not have included actually sending my husband an email with the link to the necklace I kind of fell in love with.

This morning - after a seriously rough night with Briony - I was sitting on the couch, looking like hell, cuddling our very sick baby girl, when Geoff came and slipped The Necklace around my neck.

It was so very unexpected, in such a spectacularly unspectacular moment, that I've been tearing up over it all day. What an incredible guy. Not because he buys me stuff, but because he takes such amazing care of me and Briony and loves to make us smile.

Now every time I walk past a mirror, I'm just a tiny little bit *more* excited about getting to explore NYC with him in three months.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At August 25, 2010 5:45 PM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Okay, I thought 'real people' didn't have romantic movie kind of lives!! All jokes aside, he sounds like a real gem of a guy and you will have an amazing time on your trip.

XO
Lenore

 
At August 25, 2010 8:17 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

And where is the photo of you enjoying The Necklace?!

 
At August 26, 2010 8:42 PM, Anonymous erin said...

that is the sweetest thing i've heard in a very, very long time! wow. makes me a little teary eyed thinking about it :)

 
At August 27, 2010 4:06 AM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

no kidding.... Oh Geoff, you rock. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home