Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Smallest Things

Know what's making me happy today?

Dishes.

Specifically, NEW dishes.

More specifically, new dishes that simplify the whole dishes situation in the Wright household.

My parents wanted to know what to get my for my birthday. My suggestion was quick and easy: money to spend in Minneapolis this past weekend. I put it to good use and took the opportunity to snag a few pieces from Ikea, missing pieces that were standing between me and my dream of ditching two older sets of dishes that are taking up some very precious real estate in our smallish house. There's nothing wrong with them, they are just nine and eleven years old respectively - and they reflect a different style and a different era. They'll find new homes with grateful new owners, and we will move on.

We received some simple white dishes at one of our wedding showers, and I am in love with them other than the lack of usable bowls. But we have simple white bowls now (God bless Ikea). So all my dishes are now basic white and entirely interchangeable.

It sounds like such a small thing, but it's making me SO HAPPY. Hooray for pretty, simple things. And maybe for therapists too, because I'm not entirely sure that my dishes-related glee is normal :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 21, 2010 3:00 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Lindsay, sometimes you make me just shake my head and smile. You're funny.

 
At July 21, 2010 8:46 PM, Anonymous erin said...

oh it IS! at least it's normal to me...i would change my dishes with every house we move into. although perhaps the amount of times we move isn't normal. hmmm...

 
At July 22, 2010 9:42 AM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Ha - that is funny! Congrats on the new dishes, sometimes it's the little things that are so calming.

XO
Lenore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home