Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Here's to Tomorrow

Just as I thought I could not possibly say anything NEW that's wonderful about Katie - Briony's babysitter extraordinaire - she went and outdid herself last night.

Geoff + I had a little movie date planned, and she showed up with her arms full of mysterious goodies that turned out to be all the ingredients to leave us with a pre-fab fab breakfast this morning (baked french toast with fresh berries and almonds). I very nearly burst into tears right on the spot.

A few hours later, we came home to a sleeping (and freshly bathed) toddler and a house that smelled deliciously of my favourite pumpkin cranberry muffins. Again with the almost-crying. I am wise enough to know that not every babysitter is like Katie. We have quite literally found ourselves - and our precious daughter - a treasure. I speak the truth when I say that I do not know how we would have survived this past year without Katie, and that fact has never been more clear than it's been this month as I deal with day after disappointing day of feeling like sh!t. She's such an important member of our little village.

I fell into bed exhausted enough that I actually slept 6 or 7 hours. And this morning, I woke up with a smile knowing that there was a super yummy breakfast sitting in my fridge just waiting to be popped into the oven and then consumed. As I went to pull the baking dish off the bottom shelf, I checked the sticky note on top for directions - and found this note stuck beside it.



Here's to tomorrow. And here's to each and every tomorrow that brings me one step closer to living an arthritis-free life again.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 14, 2010 11:32 PM, Blogger Tannis said...

Wow! Just wow. And I want that breakfast recipe, it sounds amazing.

 
At July 15, 2010 2:47 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

She's a 'silver lining':) Glad you had a good sleep.

 
At July 15, 2010 9:33 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

What a gift she is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home