Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Signs of Desperation

You know it's going to be an interesting day when you've managed to get your toddler to take her first nap of the day before 07.00.

I don't know why we're having such a rough week over here. Yesterday was a gong show full of nonstop little challenges and struggles. It was the first day in a long time that I can remember needing to bite my lip and concentrate on not crying. I let a few tears slip out on my drive home from work and saved the rest for after Geoff got home.

I might try to explain more later. I might not. I hate dwelling on the negative, but so much of what made yesterday difficult was the flare up I'm still dealing with and I think it's important to talk about it - and for people to understand what a 'day in the life' can be like for someone with fibro and chronic fatigue (especially a 'day in the life' with a toddler involved).

Morning happened around 05.20 here today. You know you're in for a TREAT when your toddler wakes up *before* your nurse husband's alarm goes off. And WOW was she in a GREAT MOOD (can you feel the sarcasm dripping off that sentence?).

BLURGH.

I was already well-caffeinated by the time I tricked Briony into napping (she finally let me put her in her crib and took her pacifier when I offered her a few books to look at in there, and within 20 minutes she was snoring... victory!), so I didn't go back to bed. Instead, I chose to pour myself another cup of coffee and spend some time with God. IMAGINE THAT. Talk about a sign of desperation (hehe). It was the only thing I could think of that could possibly succeed in turning such a no good very bad morning around. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At June 23, 2010 9:14 AM, Blogger Peever said...

Lexi is 17 months old and for the last 6-7 weeks we have been battling a nagging cough that wakes her up every 8 mins for hours at a time. She hasn't had a good sleep (or nap) during this time so I can totally relate to the 5am wake up and the baby who isn't quite herself.

I just keep telling myself it's temporary, it's temporary. I know it's hard but hang in there as I am sure it's "just a phase".

 
At June 23, 2010 10:20 AM, Anonymous Ash said...

On days like this, I constantly repeat to myself "This is character building, this is character building".

 
At June 23, 2010 12:22 PM, Blogger ka said...

What is up with these little monsters? Mine's been up at 6 almost every other day this week. I also would have previously claimed having a champion sleeper.

Also annoying - she then has to have a mid-morning nap. Which I have to gauge the length of perfectly, or we lose the afternoon nap, and then we're no further ahead.

Needless to say, I'm happy for my mental health day today as she plays with the Lepp kids (and then we'll return the favour on Friday).

I miss winter when the sun doesn't come up until 8... Oh, and no mosquitoes. Too bad winter's so darn cold...

 
At June 24, 2010 1:31 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

@Peever - UGH. Everything's tougher when you're sleep deprived...

@Ash - :)

@KA - What?! Stop the presses. Scarlett's not PERFECT??? hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home