Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The One With All The Pyjama Parties

I've decided that it's just because she's been in so many unfamiliar places on this trip, but Briony and I have had a couple of odd little pyjama parties this month.

Once or twice a week, she's been waking up around 2 am and freaking out until I take her out of her bed - then she's wide awake and super happy. We'll cuddle and look at books or watch TV or she'll just sit and tell me stories.

Between five minutes and half an hour later, she'll find her pacifier and stick it in her mouth, hand me her blanket, and then walk over to her bed and say 'sleepy' and she'll fall back asleep until morning absolutely without incident. It's over just as randomly and unexpectedly as it started.

These random little middle of the night parties are NOT my favourite thing in the world. But I'm hoping that by documenting it here, I'll someday look back and think 'aw, how cute...' :)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2010 10:47 PM, Blogger kendra said...

This past week Harper has done the same thing. I don't mind the sleeping in my bed, but because she screams so loud at first while she's still in her crib, she wakes her big brother and guess what....there's now two kids in our bed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home