Friday, May 07, 2010

Thank God It's Friday

Briony + I had another battle of wills this morning. She thought it was morning. I disagreed. I WON.

But then *real* morning came, and I didn't feel any more awesome than I had earlier. And Briony's still being kind of whiny. So I packed us both up and we walked over to Starbucks, baby happily chattering away in her stroller as we went and telling me all about everything she saw.

All good, right? Yeah. Except for the part where we ran into one of my clients at Starbucks. It was a client I like, but that doesn't change the fact that I was in yoga pants, no makeup, and seriously looking like I needed a weekend (and a second cup of coffee). Super professional.

Anyway. Briony + I are muddling through a very long day over here. I'm trying to get some work done, but it's almost impossible with a toddler around. It's just not very possible to write - or more importantly, to write something GOOD - when it's being worked on in 90 second chunks. The deliverable I'd planned to wrap up today is going to happen this weekend, and I'm not okay with that... But it's outside of my control. (Can you even believe I just said that?!)

I'm still flared up - and starting to annoy MYSELF with how often I'm mentioning it - but I have a few fun things planned this weekend and I'm going to make the most of it.

Oh, and the best part? Our dryer is getting fixed. Ahead of schedule. TOMORROW. I'm not too proud to admit that I cried when I hung up the phone after Manitoba Hydro called with the good news. I really need to do baby laundry and it was seriously stressing me out.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 08, 2010 8:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Scarlett and Briony will seriously be in the same therapy sessions. Because Mama ALWAYS wins over here too. It just takes a while sometimes...

 
At May 11, 2010 2:05 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

It's better they learn young.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home