Friday, May 07, 2010

The Master Your Metabolism Cookbook

So just in case you've ever paused and wondered, 'Just how nerdy is Lindsay REALLY?...' - I totally have an answer for you. I'm nerdy enough that I had a copy of the new Jillian Michaels 'Master Your Metabolism Cookbook' in my grubby little hands by 10 am on the day it was released. Yup. And so far, I'm really impressed with it.

Our family has enjoyed two dinners from the cookbook so far, and they turned out so fabulously that you know I'm gonna share at least one of them with you :)

-

Grilled Lemon Chicken

1 tsp lemon zest
juice from one lemon
1/4 c chopped fresh basil or oregano
*I used basil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp dijon mustard
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 to 5 ounces each)
1/4 pitted kalamata olives, halved
*I skipped the olives to make my family happy

Prepare dressing by whisking together the lemon juice and zest, then stirring in the basil, honey, mustard, garlic, and salt and pepper. Whisking constantly, add the olive oil in a slow stream. Set aside.

Marinate the chicken in half the dressing. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (or up to 8 hours), turning at least once.

Stir the olives into the remaining dressing and set aside until ready to serve.

Grill the marinated chicken breasts (5 to 6 minutes per side). Place the chicken on a platter and drizzle with the dressing.

-

I was particularly happy with this recipe because it worked so well to make it ahead. I ended up just making half the dressing and throwing the chicken + marinade in a freezer bag together when I got home from the grocery store. When I took the bag out of the freezer to thaw a few days later, it marinated in the fridge and was ready to go in the evening for dinner. It was super yummy without the extra dressing (though I'd imagine it would make it even better)... I'm just a huge fan of doing as much prep work as I can ahead of time.

There's nothing super-special about it... It's just good. And it's clean. And the leftovers were ridiculously good in a salad. It's one of those perfect solid recipes that I know I'll be using for a long time.

Enjoy!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 10, 2010 8:55 AM, Blogger Lenore @ Lather. Write. Repeat. said...

Sounds delicious! I will definitely be trying this recipe.

 
At May 11, 2010 2:05 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home