Monday, April 05, 2010

It's A Bird... It's A Plane...

It's JOSY!

And she's coming a week from TOMORROW!!

To CLEAN MY HOUSE and make it shiny and gloriously germ-free!!!

Hang on a sec. I need to sit down. I'm dizzy from that overuse of exclamation points.

I am so hopeful that things will go well and that we'll be able to schedule regular Josy Days... The plan is to have her come every other week, just to do the main areas of the house. I can't even tell you what a giant relief that would be. I seriously feel like crying. I'm making good progress in letting go of my feelings of inadequacy about not being able to do it all. I really can't... I know. It was news to me too.

And it was yucky to think that I need to pay two other women to come and do things like play with my daughter and scrub my bathtub... But Katie allows me to work (and to occasionally schedule some time on my own, with friends, or with Geoff). And if all goes well, then Josy will allow me to spend more of my non-working time giving quality energy to my family.

Next week is a trial, but it feels pretty much win-win when at the end of that trial, my worst case scenario is that I'll have a squeaky clean bathtub that I didn't have to clean myself :)

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At April 06, 2010 9:15 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Good for you! Sounds like you've made some really great moves the last little while to make your world run even more smooth than usual!

 
At April 06, 2010 9:19 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks! It's a work in progress... And note that you guys are coming over the day *before* Josy comes ;)

 
At April 06, 2010 4:23 PM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

So jealous!

 
At April 06, 2010 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like heaven to me! I totally need to start making a few adjustments so that I can spend more time on me, which in fact makes me a better mom. I just don't know where to find a daytime sitter that I would be able to be comfortable leaving my 7 month old with. James, he's fine. But the baby....

 
At April 06, 2010 9:56 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Hope Josy works out well for your needs and she has long arms for your deep tub!

 
At April 07, 2010 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I had a mini panic attack when you referred to me as one of the two "women". That sounds so grown up (which is something I am fighting tooth-and-nail against becoming).

At least the accountant gave me a weird look when I told him that the other income was babysitting money :) cuz that is (apparently) NOT a grown up thing to have to report :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home