Saturday, April 17, 2010

My Baby Will Be Edumacated

Today was a big day in Briony's life. She doesn't realize that, of course. But isn't that always the case? :)

Geoff and I finally managed to get all our ducks in a row and visited our financial institution today to set up her RESP. I can't even tell you how happy it made me - both to finally be doing it, and to know that we're taking steps to help make sure that she'll be successful. Because I've told Geoff in no uncertain terms that no matter what happens to me, our baby girl is going to get post-secondary education. I don't care what she studies, but she's going to do it. It's something that is critically important and absolutely non-negotiable as far as I'm concerned. Fortunately, Geoff agrees.

Anyway. It's done. And you know what the very best part was? I made her first lump-sum contribution. Me. LINDSAY MARIE WRIGHT. It might not sound like much, but my job in this family is to take care of things like groceries and clean, fashionable clothing - not to make significant financial contributions.

I was almost in tears when we got back to the car because I was just full up to my eyeballs with a foreign emotion that I can only guess might be called SELF ESTEEM.

I did something good, something that will help our family financially - and I was able to do that because of all the work I've been balancing these past few months. All those sleepless nights and high levels of stress are actually physically worth something. They are worth Briony's education. And I can't think of any better reason in the world to be working.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At April 17, 2010 11:17 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Good on ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home