Friday, March 19, 2010

One Moment With Briony

You know you've been spending lots of time enjoying the warm weather and sunshine when...

This week, Briony started grabbing her jacket and bringing it to whichever adult is closest to her, saying 'OUTSIDE! OUTSIDE!'

On Monday, we walked to the park with my parents and they had their first Briony swing experience. She did not disappoint. From the first push, it was nonstop shrieks and giggles. We haven't done the swings since then, but we've been going for some pretty serious walks almost every day for the last week or so. I guess she likes it! Which is a good thing, because so does her mama.

I'm not sure how to break it to her that it's COLD out there today... Or maybe we'll just bundle up and make the most of it :)

-

I almost forgot that we had Girls Night here on Tuesday. Amber came over after work to help me with Briony (Geoff was working) and we had a great time having dinner, hanging out, and putting Briony to bed. We knew it was getting awfully close to bedtime when Briony started to show Amber how she's learned to turn our living room lamp on and off... And this was apparently *so* hilarious that Briony would literally fall over giggling. I still giggle when I think about it. Briony has the best giggle - she giggles like she means it :)

Christine and Dolly joined us later and it was just a good evening of nonstop talking and friends. Love it. Evenings like that are so very good for my heart.

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At March 19, 2010 8:35 PM, Blogger ka said...

I have an outside child, too, and I have NO IDEA how that happened. I am not an outside mama. I do enjoy going for a walk but the freaking wind lately has been sold cold. I'm sure my neighbours giggle when they see us walk up and down the tree line 5 or 6 times to get in a "walk" without the wind.

Whatever works. It's my parenting motto. ;)

 
At March 19, 2010 8:56 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

An "outside" girl after one Grandma's heart:)

 
At March 23, 2010 2:53 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

KA - Ah, the mysteries of life.

Marilyn - Now I'll know who to blame it on ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home