Thursday, March 18, 2010

Saying NO

Confession time.

Sometimes, I honestly enjoy saying NO to things. (I think it's the power.)

But the most I've been forced to say it lately, the more I dislike it. I would say now that I absolutely hate it. And maybe that's natural, but this guilt I'm feeling over all the things I'm currently saying NO to sure shouldn't be.

And I'm not even doing that good of a job of saying it. Because my alarm went at 7 am today so that I could get some work done before my mom's group this morning (where I'm apparently leading a short discussion... what was I thinking when I said YES to that?). And I'M SUPPOSED TO HAVE THURSDAY MORNINGS OFF. In fact, today was the day I promised myself DAYS ago that I'd finally schedule some good ME TIME.

Not that being up before the sun to work on client stuff isn't fabulous ME TIME...

I'm deciding right now that I'm going to make that happen today. I need to. Because I did my pre-weigh in today (I like to have an idea of the number that is going to greet me on Friday morning when I need to officially submit my numbers), and I'm at my next milestone. Half a pound under it, if we're being precise - and I'm more than willing to be precise when it's going to work in my advantage. GO LINDSAY! I promised myself when I set this goal that I was going shopping for myself when I got here. And there's an email in my inbox for 30% off everything at Gap today. Clearly, the universe is FORCING me to take some ME TIME today... And to spend said ME TIME shopping :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 18, 2010 3:31 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

YAY for you! Enjoy the shopping spree!

 
At March 18, 2010 4:36 PM, Blogger ka said...

The gap gods are with you. And I FULLY support it. ;)

 
At March 23, 2010 2:54 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, ladies!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home