Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Classic Playdate

I must say, I believe that Nicole and I managed to pull off the very definition of a classic playdate this morning. I think that we started about nine thousand conversations and finished zero conversations... hehe. And at the end of it, we had three adorable children in strollers who were oh so ready for their respective naptimes.

For the record, Miss Eloise is every bit as gorgeous in person as she is in photos.

Oh, and I haven't seen Briony walk yet. Not one step. She was laughed at by a few parents in the play place this morning because she'd crawl around like a little fiend and then pause and chatter away to me - it shocked them to hear WORDS coming from her. 'What's this? Duck! Quack, quack. Look! Duck.' 'Mama... Look! Choo choo.' 'Babies! Look! What's this... Babies. Hi! Hi, babies!' Of course, there's still lots of wordless baby babble too, but it's amazing to start to listen to her process everything that's going on around her.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At February 23, 2010 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally the definition of "playdate": a thousand beginnings of conversations that never come to pass!

 
At February 23, 2010 9:54 PM, Blogger ka said...

I have a love/hate relationship with the words... I LOVE that I do not have to tolerate whining. For ANYTHING. It's funny when she starts to whine and I give her the, "I don't listen to whining, use your words" face and she does. And does. And does. And does. She SO takes after her father. TEE HEE.

The words just keep coming faster and more furious. Ugh. And already I'm getting stupider. Cows were always "moos" so I made reference to a "moo" at one point. She looked at me and said, "cow." Because I am OBVIOUSLY an idiot who talks like a BABY. Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home