Tuesday, February 09, 2010

I Hate Sequels

There's really no sense in beating around the bush. I think I'm now free to share that my family heard The C Word again. It's my Grandma. We're still waiting for details about what's coming - all we know for now is that it's likely treatable, that surgery to remove the tumour was likely successful, and that chemo is likely in her near future. We're still waiting for the final pathology report.

I don't really know what else to say. I sense there's a lot of emotion coming, but for right now I feel pretty numb. It wasn't what we wanted to hear - but I still believe that God is with our family, and I still believe that He is bigger than cancer.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At February 10, 2010 12:18 AM, Blogger Tannis said...

Ah shit, I was hoping it was something "simple", as if surgery is ever that. I'll be thinking about your clan and hope things are as uncomplicated as possible. Please pass on a hug for me when you see her.

Umm, assuming this is related to Eva's surgery and not a different grandparent! Thoughts are with you in any case.

 
At February 10, 2010 7:13 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh man, that sucks. So sorry to hear about this new development Lindsay. Hoping it all gets taken care of swiftly.

 
At February 10, 2010 9:05 AM, Anonymous momma said...

As shitty as it is, (thanks Tannis, my thots exactly) Mom is already doing better because of the blockage being removed. My God is bigger than all of this and cares intimately about what is happening here. He showed me and my family in many ways that He is present and powerful. And we need to keep in mind that Heaven is not a bad option.

 
At February 10, 2010 12:13 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Tannis - You're mirroring all of my own thoughts... I wish with all my hear that our news was different. But it's awesome that we have such a huge family that cares.

Nicole - Thanks. I can't tell you what your condolences mean, because I know you're a friend who absolutely means what you say.

Mom - SIGH. I love your perspective on the world as a cancer survivor, and I hope I can catch up to your very mature and rational position on this soon :)

 
At February 10, 2010 11:58 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Oh Lindsay, so sorry to hear that. Stay strong. Stay positive. Have faith. I'll be thinking of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home