Monday, February 08, 2010

Back Scratching

Before I collapse into bed in preparation for a completely ridiculous Monday, I need to take a minute to acknowledge how very wonderful my husband is. I don't think it's a secret that I dated a heck of a lot of frogs to find him, and it was worth every single exploratory kiss to find him (sorry honey).

I am very aware of the fact that our family's schedule is crazy and non-traditional... Geoff and I are both working close to full-time - at completely random and constantly changing hours of the day and days of the week - and Briony's not in daycare at all (THANK GOD for Katie, who does an absolutely amazing job at filling in those little gaps when we are both working at the same time). But we couldn't do it at all if I didn't have a husband who totally and completely understands how important my career is to me - and gives it equal respect. The fact that we've been able to trade off so equally has brought me to tears a few times over the last couple of days. It feels so... modern ;)

This week, Geoff took on Daddy Duty at a brand new level and didn't miss a beat. I don't even think he blinked. And knowing that I am so very supported at home lets me go and be awesome at my job - which is an incredible gift, especially for this mommy who misses her noisy giggly baby girl SO MUCH when she's away.

Geoff knows all this. I just felt like it needed to be documented and sent out into the universe somehow... I had no idea how I was ever going to be able to do the mommy thing and the career thing at the same time, and I am constantly being amazed by the doors that are opening up and the way the universe is shifting to allow this to happen for our family in this season of our lives. We are blessed, and my heart is happy. Tired. But happy.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At February 09, 2010 12:08 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Sounds like you are a good team:) I'm sure that Geoff also appreciates your support of when he has to sleep to recuperate from his crazy schedule.

 
At February 10, 2010 12:14 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Yep. I picked a good one. And his mama taught him well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home