Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Reasons Why Today Was Awesome

I am *not* having a particularly good day today, so I thought I should make time to find some happy.

Reason #1:
I have a mom who is willing to drive one hour each way to come watch Briony for two hours. That is awesome. And Briony is always *so* very excited to see her grandparents. She is lucky to have so many amazing people in her life who love her almost as much as we do.

Reason #2:
Geoff is working all day and I STILL HAD A SHOWER. Not usually noteworthy, but Briony is not 100% herself yet and her high-maintenance baby behaviour has been testing every limit I have. The drama when I leave her or put her down for even a nanosecond is getting ridiculous, and it's just been easier to roll with it than to fight it while she's still sick - so my hair was looking kind of gross this morning. I had a meeting at lunchtime today, though, so I needed to shower. And I did. But about 10 minutes after I finished drying and straightening my hair, my darling daughter thought it would be HILARIOUS to run her slimy banana fingers through it. And then laugh hysterically. Yup, I went to a meeting with banana-streaked hair. FABULOUS.

Reason #3:
My banana-hair meeting today was with The Arthritis Society - I'm helping organize a brand-new event this May, a 1K and 5K fundraising walk at The Forks. I'm *so* excited, and I'll share details as soon as they're ready. The website should be launching in early February.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 06, 2010 5:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Is she gonna cry when you leave her with me?-starts panicking- Will she even remember who I am? It's been 2 weeks! Briony don't forget me! (And let your mom wash her hair!)

 
At January 06, 2010 8:31 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

There must be SOME benefit from banana in hair:)

 
At January 07, 2010 12:08 AM, Anonymous momma said...

I noticed your hair looked particularly healthy and shiny today - the extra potassium perhaps?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home