Wednesday, December 23, 2009

So Close

I'm so close to Christmas holidays, I'm seriously like a kid waiting for Santa - or in my case, a little girl waiting for the first day of school. Hey, I never claimed to be cool :)

I wrapped up a major project yesterday and did some invoicing today. I have maybe an hour or two of research to do on another project that's beginning after the holidays, and I'll probably tackle that tonight just to have it finished. I can't really say anything for sure until 5.01 tomorrow evening because I'm still expecting at least one of my clients to have a sudden brilliant idea that it would be really nice to come back from their days off with some content completed and ready to go... But other than that, I'm *almost* officially on holidays for a couple of days. Crazy.

I'm realizing more and more that freelance = no time away from work. I don't mind because I love what I do, but I've been maintaining a pretty insane pace over the last couple of months and it's been months since I was able to just spend time with Geoff + Briony (and the rest of my family and friends) without having some project hanging over my head. I'm getting better at separating work time from personal time, but it's impossible to do that perfectly.

Unfortunately, freelance also = not getting paid for taking a day off, but I've been working so hard that I can afford to let that happen. I can't tell you how GOOD that feels :)

This morning, we hosted Aaron + Cait for brunch and it was *so* much fun to see them again - and to see Briony warm up to them again almost instantly. Tonight, I'm looking forward to doing one last load of laundry (I can't believe I said that either) and then watching TV without feeling guilty about not working. I can't even imagine what that will feel like, other than AWESOME.

And Geoff has two night shifts left before he's off until December 30. Not that I'm counting down or anything... :)

It's a good day. But two days from now will be even better because we'll ALL be off and Christmas can finally begin.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At December 23, 2009 8:48 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

I guess freelance work is a bit like being a Mom with heavier duties at times. I'm sure you will find a 'turn-off' button some day so you can relax when not actually working. Glad some good days of celebrating are ahead.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home