Friday, January 29, 2010

Belated Friday Smile(s)

Argh.

I was fully intending to SKIP this week's Friday Smile - simply because yesterday was STRESSFUL and I did not feel like smiling. But then Amber posted one and I feel peer pressured into coming up with something HAPPY now.

Argh.

I'm being slightly dramatic. I already have a bunch of smiles in mind. Even the most stressful days always have room for smiles :)

1. Watching Briony get reacquainted with her toys yesterday and today. There were SO MANY hugs and snuggles to go around. I love watching her with her toys - and with her stuffed animals in particular - because she is just *so* friendly. She crawls around to each one, picks them up, talks to them, and then tackles them with the biggest hugs in the world. I know I'm biased, but I'm pretty sure it's the cutest thing EVER.

2. No trip to Vancouver is complete without a trip to Ikea (it's totally going to be less awesome once we have Ikea in Winnipeg). And I've had so much fun unpacking our little treasures and finding homes for them in our home. My very best find? This gravy boat, which is totally the sexiest gravy boat in the world. That's right, I said it. I don't have one, but I find myself wanting/needing one at least once a month. And my kitchen is so small that I'm pretty picky about what is allowed in - so it couldn't just be any old gravy boat. Not only is this one sexy as hell, it's also covered and double-walled. Beautiful AND functional. What more could a girl ask for? (Other than having enough of a life that she doesn't actually blog an entire paragraph about a gravy boat...)

3. Bonus friends. I got home after spending the evening with Amber and Christine and I kept thinking about how very unexpected these girls were in my life. I used to work with Christine, and I used to work with Amber's boyfriend. And somehow, they have become incredibly important people in my life - the kinds of friends who will drop everything to help each other out. I love that. It makes my heart so happy.

4. My parents are walking around on the beach right now, enjoying warm weather and palm trees and snorkeling for the very first time. I am so very happy for them. I can't think of two people who deserve it more, and I smile every time I think about them having this time to relax. As for everyone else with a warm-weather vacation planned for this winter - I am not happy for you, not one bit :)

5. God has been blessing my socks off this month and giving me so much hope for this little business of mine. I signed a new client earlier this month that far exceeded any expectations or aspirations I had for my freelance career (and truth be told, is cooler than any client I thought I'd ever work with in the agency world either). And I have - count 'em - TWO meetings booked for Monday about two more exciting opportunities. And two other projects that I'm quoting on today. I feel *slightly* overwhelmed, but incredibly fulfilled. This whole full-time mom plus working from home situation is TOUGH. Really tough, actually. But I would not trade it for the world.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At January 30, 2010 7:11 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Present Nicole would like to see Present Lindsay and does not have the forethought to get Future Nicole to call Future Lindsay to arrange so in advance. What are you doing this week? I'm free Monday, Tuesday and Thursday.

 
At January 31, 2010 11:38 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Go fish. I'll email you about next week :)

 
At January 31, 2010 12:12 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Two words: Blog Rockstar.

We're even for peer pressure now ;)

Aaaand...this gave me a Sunday smile. It was good to see you on Friday as well, I needed a good girl talk. Thank you :) Next time, we'll just have to tell Christine to leave the drama at the door.

 
At February 04, 2010 3:44 PM, Blogger perrygirl :) said...

I checked out that gravy boat, and sexy - definitely! What puts it over the edge for me is that it is also dishwasher safe. Be still my heart!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home