Sunday, January 24, 2010

The One Where Briony Sees All The Fish

I *should* say... all the 'FISH!' 'FISH!' 'FISH!'

Because that's the exclamation we heard about ten thousand times yesterday morning as she pointed to every single fish in every single tank and was equally excited about every single one of them. The Vancouver Aquarium rocked her little world.

Geoff + I and Aaron + Cait (my brother and sister-in-law who moved to Vancouver in August) were along for the ride yesterday, and even though we'd all been to the Aquarium before, I think I can speak for all of us when I say that what was previously kind of cool and interesting became absolutely magical through Briony's eyes.

I can't even describe it to you. I'm actually tearing up while I'm trying to write this because there aren't words to tell you how Briony's eyes lit up as she looked around, how she could not keep a huge grin off her face for a single second, how she pressed her little hands and face up against the glass, how she kept on turning back to look at us like 'WOW! You guys, this is SO COOL. Are you catching this?'

It was such a good day. It was one of those family memory days that I hoped for and dreamed of while I was pregnant and wondering what our life would be like with the little one growing inside of me - not the specifics of where we were or what we did, but the feeling I had while we were there doing it together.

And it was such an absolute pleasure to open up the world to her just a little bit and let her see something new. It's so important to Geoff + I to make sure that we teach her to be curious and explore the world outside of her own little bubble. These are baby steps... But she's still a baby :)





More photos here.
Read Cait's version of Aquarium Day here.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

At January 24, 2010 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! We've totally been in that same moment with James. We had been to the Aquarium with him before, but then when we took him a year later... WOW! He was ni awe. So much fun - just soak in every single moment with that little beauty.

 
At January 25, 2010 1:04 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

That's so special that you have the same memory! I can hardly wait to take her again when she's bigger :)

 
At January 25, 2010 1:10 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Question: Could she be ANY cuter?
Answer: No!

Good grief, I want to eat her cute little cheeks right up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home