Sunday, December 13, 2009

Forgive Us

There are lots of things that we've figured out about being parents. Regular church attendance is not one of them.

We actually did really well last winter/spring when she was tiny, and then again for a few months this fall. But now her napping schedule has shifted to make it virtually impossible. When we have managed to make it work, I've spent virtually the entire time in the baby room with a seriously unhappy baby on the verge of a meltdown - which pretty much erases any benefit of bothering to go to church in the first place. Even different service times don't seem to work. They're ALL at the wrong time.

Can you tell I'm slightly frustrated?

I hope that her napping will change again soon, because I actually miss church. I haven't always felt this need to be at church, but it's something that I'm really wanting right now, something that I need for ME. I think we'll need to find a bible study or a small group or SOMETHING in the new year to fill that void when Sunday mornings just don't work.

I'm relatively certain that God will forgive us in the meantime :)

Labels:

5 Comments:

At December 13, 2009 2:48 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

For sure...God knows everything including Briony's nap times:)

 
At December 13, 2009 6:15 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

I think the majority of church going Mommies feel the same way at one time or another. We had a period of time with both kids when I thought I was going to pull all my hair out. It passes though, it really does.

 
At December 14, 2009 9:11 AM, Anonymous Sherisse said...

This one made me smile. Yes, it does pass and most mommies have the same feelings of what's the point in going when all we do is take turns being in the nursery and neither of us get anything from the service. Have you tried putting her in kiddie korner? Carter is already going and has a great time. He totally misses his morning nap every Sunday morning and crashed in the car about 0.2 seconds after we leave:)

 
At December 14, 2009 10:13 AM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

I totally know where you're coming from too -- and you know that. However, we still haven't found a solution and I'm pretty sure the last 2 times we've been up for worship I've had to do it on approx 4 hours of sleep. I'm dealing with fighting the urge most weeks of not going if my band isn't up anyway. Not that I don't want to go, but when you only have so much sleep in you, maybe that half hour drive isn't the best idea... :(

 
At December 14, 2009 10:38 AM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

I totally feel the same way. Even if Carter's not cranky at Church I still feel like I have to keep him quiet and stop him from running around. Inevitably we end up in the baby room where I usually hear nothing of the sermon!

Don't feel too bad. I think I've been 3 or 4 times since September... Okay, now I feel bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home