Thursday, December 10, 2009

Working Girl

I just got home from my first day of 'real work' in an office since... WOW. I guess early October 2008. That's crazy! Especially because I spent about a million hours a week in an office for the almost ten years before then. Turns out that it's pretty much like riding a bike. I was making fun of my temporary co-workers within an hour of arriving ;)

I have a bunch of other little client stuff to take care of this afternoon, then I'm back at it again tomorrow morning. And I'm actually looking forward to it. I wouldn't want to do it all the time - or even most of the time - but it's been a fun little project and a nice change of scenery. Of course, I missed Briony - but a healthy amount, I think.

But the very best part was that I spent five minutes throwing things into the slow cooker before I left this morning, so I returned home to the smell of roast lemon garlic chicken. It's a new recipe, so I hope it tastes as good as it smells...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2009 3:08 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

A little bit of missing IS good.

:)

 
At December 10, 2009 10:44 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

It wasn't. It was decent, but the recipe needs tweaking. I'll add it to my list of things to do when I'm not working away from home anymore :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home