Monday, August 03, 2009

Hmmm

I clicked on 'New Post' without really thinking about it, and now I'm not really sure what to say... That always makes for an awesome and interesting post, doesn't it? :P

Let's see. We had a good weekend here. Emily came over and spent time with Briony and I on Friday afternoon/evening while Geoff left for a night shift. After she left, I had big plans for the rest of the evening that involved the third season of Arrested Development on DVD and my lime margarita bath salts from Tiber River. Oh, and did I mention that my favourite popcorn bowl FLOATS?! Life is unbelievably awesome sometimes.

On Saturday, the Wright family made an appearance at my friends' Kris & Char's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and a beautiful day to honour probably the sweetest, most well-matched couple I've ever met. Every piece of their special day reflected them so perfectly, I couldn't help but smile. And it was a bonus that Geoff and I got to spend some time with a few other friends who were at the wedding. The reception was at the Heritage Centre in Niverville, so we even got to pop in and say hi to my grandparents who live in another part of the building.

Sunday was spent at Falcon Lake. We took a little road trip to spend the day with my parents - and it was another lovely, sunny day (who knew?!). We went for a walk, had lunch on the boardwalk, sat in the sunshine, read books, and barbecued dinner outside. It was everything I'd been needing and made me super-anxious for next week when Geoff, Briony, and I will be able to spend a few days out there on our own little mini-vacation.

And that's pretty much that... Geoff is working again tonight, but we had some good family time during the day today. I managed to read an entire 'fun' book this weekend (FINALLY got around to reading The Time Traveler's Wife, which has been sitting on my bookshelf for years and years - and was well worth the wait). And Anja came over for tea this evening, which totally made my day. I had intended to do all kinds of things today

I'm still feeling icky. I'm not even sure what to blame it on. I just know that I really want to feel better, and SOON. I see my naturopath on Saturday, and I can hardly wait to talk to her and have someone on my side trying to figure this all out.

Wow. I said a lot for a girl who had nothing to say :)

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 04, 2009 12:01 AM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

Sounds like a fun weekend with no boredom:)

 
At August 04, 2009 3:27 PM, Blogger Amber said...

The floating popcorn bowl is making me giggle :)

 
At August 06, 2009 4:08 PM, Blogger Aaron Scott said...

"... a beautiful day to honour probably the sweetest, most well-matched couple I've ever met."

(icy cold stare)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home