Monday, July 27, 2009

The Results Are In

Yeah, so it's definitely gallstones. And the official medical recommendation is that I have surgery to have my gallbladder removed. I very much want to feel better, but I very much do not want to have someone cut my abdomen open and remove some of my guts. It's not like I haven't had surgery before, I just don't count it among my favourite things to do (and it kind of scares me a little bit).

So I'm meeting with my naturopath next week for a second opinion. And then I'm meeting with the surgeon the week after for a third opinion. And by then, with my own research added in, I think that I'll have enough information to be able to make a good decision.

In the meantime... It's life as usual here. Geoff and Briony are both napping - Geoff in preparation for another night shift, and Briony in preparation for another night of teething. That darn fourth tooth keeps popping in and out and torturing my baby girl, poor thing. She's being such a good sport, all things considered. I just wish that I could fix it for her.

It strikes me now that my mom probably feels very much the same way, sitting at home and getting my phone calls about gallbladder issues :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 28, 2009 3:00 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Gallbladder surgery is easy - it's done laproscopically (sp?) so it's a fast "turnaround" time. (unsure what the medical term would be)

It's wonderful to be without it!

 
At July 29, 2009 9:54 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thanks, Margaret. That is AWESOME to hear.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home