Monday, July 06, 2009

Not Quite What I Had In Mind

Back in the day - sometime in high school - I can remember having a birthday party that lasted until the wee hours of the morning. As we sat and watched the sun rise on the day after my birthday, I can remember declaring that someday I wanted to be awake for the entire 24 hours of my birthday, to soak up as much birthday awesomeness as I could possibly soak up.

(Erin, does this sound familiar to you at all? I'm pretty sure that you were there. It sounds like an idea just birdbrained enough that we likely cooked it up together - hehe.)

Anyway. I came damn close yesterday, completely by accident. Two rotten nights in a row with a teething baby bookmarking my birthday, plus the addition of a flare-up... Not *quite* what I had in mind :)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At July 06, 2009 6:31 PM, Anonymous Erin said...

Oh, I'm sure it was us, heehee!! Hmmm...I'm going to have to try that one of these years. :)

Hope your baby feels better soon.

 
At July 06, 2009 8:42 PM, Anonymous Marilyn said...

I guess the night time baby cries even out over time...yours is catching up. Hope you both sleep better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home