Monday, June 29, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

I was *so* determined to make today a good day. Which means, of course, that everything I'd so carefully planned had derailed before I had even opened my eyes and gotten out of bed :)

Briony slept in. YAY. Except that today was the day that I had to take her to a 10 am meeting downtown (Geoff is working a day shift today). And seriously, what mother of a newborn sets an alarm clock? GAAAAH. We made it - and I even managed to shower, straighten my hair, and throw on some mascara - but it felt crazy (and parking was a nightmare today). Of course, the meeting started 20 minutes late anyway. DOUBLE GAAAAH.

Oh, and did I mention that my normally angelic baby fussed and whined and cried her way through the entire two hour meeting? Yup. She nodded off exactly two minutes before our meeting wrapped up. Of course.

In between, there have been a million varieties of drama. Because why would the universe spread that out into manageable pieces? :)

So it's 4.35 pm. I'm boiling water for tea and eating a cookie because somehow, in all of this madness, I realized that I haven't eaten a single thing all day. Briony is in her crib for her second nap of the day (holy cow, are we ever off schedule). And I've made a trip to our basement freezer to pull out something to defrost for dinner. Thank god for all those days this spring when I felt ambitious... I'm almost through all my pre-fab freezer meals now, so I'll likely be bugging some of you soon to actually plan that freezer meal assembly project we've been talking about forever.

Tonight needs to be about self-care, in order to ward off the flare-up I can feel lurking in the wings. I'm thinking about self-care in the form of sweats, popcorn, and The Bachelorette...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At June 29, 2009 5:42 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh I'm sorry your day didn't go as planned. No fun.

In an effort to put a smile on your face (though I'm sure Jillian will take care of that on tonight's episode) today Palmer was playing downstairs and noticed the bouncer that we had brought up for be to play in last time you were here and he noticed a part had come off and said, "Mommy I have to fix this so that Briony won't be sad." His memory has me stunned!

 
At June 29, 2009 9:30 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Question - did you watch Bachelorette? Wondering what you thought.

 
At June 29, 2009 11:53 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Nicole - That is hilarious about Palmer! Guess we're overdue for a playdate :)

Maragret - Um, let's see... SUPER happy about Ed (alas, I am married). SUPER unhappy about Wes (die male scum). And SUPER amused that they are *so* obviously trying to set up Jake to be the next Bachelor! There were some amazing 'knight in shining armour'-esque quotes in there tonight.

 
At June 30, 2009 10:11 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

I too wanted Wes GONE! Hopefully soon - he's just too slimy and conceited. Funny family supper - 3 sisters, one mom, one step mom - no dad. ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home