Friday, November 28, 2008

I Get By (With A Little Help From My Friends)


Wow, things have been quiet on the blog front lately, haven't they? I make no apologies. My priorities have necessarily been shifted elsewhere - to one very adorable almost two-week-old baby girl. But I thought I'd quickly try to catch you all up, and document some of the things that have been going on in our little world this week.

Our little family has been so blessed. I'm amazed at the number of people who are praying for us and supporting us - and helping in such tangible ways, by coming over to help out or drop off food to fill up our freezer. We appreciate it so much.

We also appreciated this week's visit from Geoff's mom, Marilyn. She arrived on Monday and she's staying for a week - even volunteering to take two night shifts this past week so that I could catch a couple of extra hours of rest. Amazing. We'll be sad to see her go, and I know it will be hard for her to leave Briony. Forunately, our tickets are booked for our next visit in late February (mark your calendars, Rob & Vicky and Jason & Amy...).

In the last couple of days, I've finally managed to schedule in a few visits from friends, which has been awesome. Marilyn, Briony, and I even went shopping for a few hours yesterday. We are very slowly discovering what life with a baby will look like, after we emerge from this newborn cocoon. And I'm pretty happy about it :)

Thanks to Amber for capturing this camera-shy shot of my beautiful baby (and choosing an angle where you can't tell that her mommy is sans make-up).

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At November 29, 2008 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Lindsay, you two are so perfectly beautiful together that it seriously brought tears to my eyes! I'm so proud of you and so excited for you!

 
At November 29, 2008 10:56 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Hehe, my pleasure (although you still looked great, seriously!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home