Sunday, November 16, 2008

She's Here!


Geoff and I are so very excited to announce the safe arrival of our beautiful baby girl.

Briony Evangeline Wright was born at 6:40 AM on November 16. She weighs 8 pounds and is 21.5 inches long. What else can I tell you? She's absolutely perfect, and we are in love with her.

We chose Briony simply because we love the name, and to honour Geoff's family by choosing a name with British origin. (Again, it's BRY-oh-nee, with an emphasis on the first syllable - which rhymes with 'fry,' not 'brie' like the cheese. Easy, right? hehe)

Evangeline means 'good news' - and it's the perfect name for her because finding out that we were expecting Briony was the most amazing happy news on a very tough day, when we found out about my mom's cancer. She was our good news, and gave us all a reason to smile and to know that we were safe in God's hands. This pregnancy has been a journey full of blessings and answered prayers. And we're only just beginning...

We'd appreciate keeping any hospital visits to immediate family only (if you're not sure if you fall into that category or not, please get in touch with my parents - or call my cell - and check). Once we're home, we'd love to introduce you to Briony, but *please* call or email to pre-arrange a good time. We'd like to attempt a balance between sharing our joy - and our beautiful girl - with everyone we know and taking the time we need to become a family together (and letting mommy recover well). Thanks so much for understanding :)

Labels:

19 Comments:

At November 16, 2008 10:27 PM, Blogger Tannis said...

Congratulations and best wishes in this whole new family stage! Yes,she is adorable, it's a totally bizarre feeling to hold her on the outside, isn't it? Yet somehow completely normal at the same time.

Great idea to explicitly take quiet time for yourselves to figure out the family thing and recover.

 
At November 16, 2008 10:41 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Congratulations Mama! I'm so happy for you and your little family. Hopefully we get to meet her soon :)

 
At November 16, 2008 10:42 PM, Blogger Jared said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At November 16, 2008 10:45 PM, Blogger Elleah said...

She is SO beautiful! I'm very very happy for you three. :D I hope you can get some rest in the next while (I remember how exhausted I was the first couple of months) and I pray she sleeps through the night! That's so exciting that she's here now.

 
At November 16, 2008 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's absolutely lovely!!! Wow. I'm so excited you are a mommy :) Love you!

 
At November 17, 2008 12:58 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

She is perfect! I am so happy that the three of you could meet and now become a family.

Congratulations.

 
At November 17, 2008 7:11 AM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Oh wow, what a beautiful babe. So peaceful in that shot. Congrats and enjoy this new part of the journey.

 
At November 17, 2008 7:42 AM, Blogger Jobina said...

Briony and our Trinity have the same birthday! Congratulations again, she's beautiful!

 
At November 17, 2008 7:55 AM, Blogger Danae said...

Oh, Congratulations! She is soooo precious! I'm glad she made it here safe and sound, and I hope you are recovering okay, Lindsay. All I can say is just take it all in... soak up these moments with her in the next few weeks because they go by way to fast! take care :)

 
At November 17, 2008 8:30 AM, Blogger Melanie said...

Hey Linds,

Congratulations - she is beautiful. I hope you are all doing well and I can't wait to hear how labour went for you. I was praying so hard! I knew you went in Sat. am and was so anxious to hear the news. I saw Jessica is church and wanted to shout from stage if you had Briony yet, but I thought that might be a little inappropriate. Can't wait to squish her in person. (I got to hold Chloe - gorgeous little peanut!) God Bless guys!

 
At November 17, 2008 8:46 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

YAY!!! Congrats!

 
At November 17, 2008 10:31 AM, Blogger gloria said...

congratulations

 
At November 17, 2008 10:34 AM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

Congratulations! She's adorable!

 
At November 17, 2008 10:34 AM, Blogger Karla said...

Her name sounds like poetry. Beautiful.

 
At November 17, 2008 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's lovely!

 
At November 17, 2008 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is a beauty!!!!

 
At November 17, 2008 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on our newest baby.I decided not to wear buttons for awhile to save sewing them back on again.She is beautiful on the pictures.
We expect we can see her soon.

Good to see Tannis on the page.Laat week we saw Heather too.Interesting to see nieces involved.Love, Great Grandma and Papa K

 
At November 17, 2008 9:28 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

She is so incredibly beautiful! Can't wait to meet her in person!

 
At November 18, 2008 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Crying, tears, can hardly type - blurry... she's beautiful you guys! Congrats - hope I get to meet her at a baby shower. ;) I can't wait to hear the WHOLE story - they are my FAVE!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home