Friday, November 14, 2008

Plus Eleven

Wow. What a stubborn little girl!

After a rough night of inconsistent contractions that kept me awake and miserable, Geoff and I managed to get some sleep before we had to leave for my fetal assessment appointment. No contractions today, just lots and lots of general ickiness. We spent the morning at St B where they basically confirmed that Briony's doing really, really well in there - perfect heart rate, perfect movement, perfect fluid measurements, perfect vital signs (and the ultrasound tech was kind enough to confirm once again that we are definitely having a girl). The highlight - by far - was our observation of a couple checking into Labour & Delivery. They were very young and she was very obviously in active labour, and her boyfriend seriously looked like he was going to cry and then puke. Geoff and I barely made it around the corner before we collapsed in fits of laughter, trying to imitate the poor kid's face.

I'm *so* happy that she's doing so great. But it makes me feel a little bit selfish for going ahead with the induction this weekend, because I know it's a little bit more for me than for her. My body is done being pregnant. The arthritis symptoms are getting really difficult for me - and the longer I wait, the higher the risk I run of needing to have a c-section or being too flared-up to take care of her oncce she's born.

So everything's a go to meet our baby girl sometime this weekend. We're just waiting for the call later tonight or sometime tomorrow with a date and time - and Geoff is busy on the phone trying to find a replacement for his scheduled shift at work and sound tech duties at church this weekend (a quick prayer about that would be appreciated, because he's having a heck of a time finding someone to help out from church). I feel totally full of nervous anticipation and excitement... What a scary, wonderful thing :)

And speaking of scary and wonderful, Geoff and I managed to catch the Quantum of Solace matinee this afternoon. What a great movie! A nice birthday treat for him, and a final pre-parenthood movie date for us.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At November 14, 2008 4:13 PM, Blogger Danae said...

yay! can't wait to meet Briony and see what she looks like :) i'll be thinking of you guys lots this weekend and praying all goes smoothly!

 
At November 14, 2008 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Briony is just being ultra considerate as she KNEW you wanted to go see the new Bond movie. After Lenny that was the next milestone. She knew she was going to consume your life once she arrived so she was just holding tight. I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow and finally welcome her into the world.
Thinking of ya! Oh, and happy birthday to your wonderful hubby!

 
At November 14, 2008 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lindsay,
just wanted to say I pray for the best in your delivery and let you know that for me, although I was really sick for all of my last pregnancy (nothing new, i was for all of them), I didn't have any fibro symptoms during or after pregnancy until 2 months after I quit breatfeeding. Just a bit of encouragement if you need a it (in the breast or bottle decision).

PS praying for your family too, especially your mom!

 
At November 14, 2008 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry, i didn't intend to post anonymously...

 
At November 14, 2008 11:50 PM, Blogger Tannis said...

I can't begin to understand the pain of arthritis, but on other fronts it sounds like you & Briony are still doing great on your own! You're already 4cm and having contractions, Briony's signs are good and you want to avoid a higher risk of c-section (30% of induced 1st time moms!) so why is your doc in a rush?

 
At November 15, 2008 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for all of you Lindsay! I'm so glad you and Geoff got in "one last" movie night pre-parenthood. I can guarantee that you will always look back at that time in your life and smile on it. But nothing meets meeting your little one for the first time. :) Enjoy EVERY second - and yes, I do mean the labour and delivery part as well.

 
At November 16, 2008 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS Lindsay, Geoff, and Briony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to see the pictures.

Favorite quote form new daddy Geoff this morning: "What do we do with it now?"

 
At November 16, 2008 5:10 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

CONGRATS? WHEN - details please. Thanks Rob!

 
At November 16, 2008 5:11 PM, Blogger Tannis said...

Yay!! I'm looking forward to an official announcement when there's time...I'm getting a bit obsessive about checking the blog! (guessing I'm not the only one?)

 
At November 16, 2008 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really hope that I don't get into trouble for revealing this as this is Lindsay's blog, not mine. (SORRY LINDSAY) But having gone through this myself (daddy side) 24 days ago, I know that Lindsay probably isn't up to updating her blog right now.

An e-mail was sent out by Ron & Sherri Hildebrandt this morning, but I know there are lots of people that haven't received the e-mail.

Briony Evangeline Wright.
date: Sunday, Nov. 16
time: approx. 6:45 a.m.
size: 8 lbs.

That's all I'll reveal right now. Lindsay can take care of the rest.
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home