Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Geoff


Can you believe that, in the middle of all of this, we are also lucky enough to celebrate my husband's birthday? I'll admit that it will be a somewhat subdued celebration... But maybe that's all a now-34-year-old can handle anyway (hehe).

I'm pretty sure that this is the one day of the year when I truly have an open license to brag about my boy, and I intend to. Geoff is an incredible human being. I think that the very first thing that attracted me to him was the way that he cares about people, and the way that he takes care of the people in his life with a selfless generosity that I had previously believed to be an absolutely lost art. In becoming his friend, then his girlfriend, then his fiancee, then his wife - and now his baby mama - I've been lucky enough to be one of those people on the receiving end of his caring and his generosity. And quite simply, that makes me the luckiest girl in the world.

Life has (obviously) been a bit of a roller coaster ride in the 28 months since our first date. But I am totally in love with this life that we've built together, and I am so excited to take this next step in creating a family with this man who I love so much. I can't imagine doing this with anyone else.

Happy Birthday, Babe. Wishing you a year full of laughter and blessings and even more happy memories that we create together.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At November 14, 2008 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Geoff!

 
At November 14, 2008 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Geoff! Hope it's great! And Lindsay, you are such a lucky girl having a man like Geoff. Have fun celebrating him :)

 
At November 14, 2008 10:43 AM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

great post about your hubbie.

happy bday geoff!

my word verification was "datty"...maybe today's the day ;)

 
At November 14, 2008 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy brithday Geoff - I hope we get to meet sometime. :) Keep taking care of Lindsay the way you do - she's really going to need it by Monday, when that baby comes home. :) All the best for your delivery Lindsay, you are in my constant prayers.

 
At November 14, 2008 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you two for the way you are developing your relationship and family. May you continue to be blessed together:) In case you don't think the honeymoon is over, give it a few weeks with Briony with reduced sleep:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home