Monday, November 03, 2008

Hooray for Parents

So, it would appear our house decided to commemorate the coming (and going) of my due date by having the furnace break down. No joke. Ugh. Fortunately, I have one of Those Dads who tends to be the go-to guy for pretty much anything that seems fix-y and masculine. My parents arrived around 1 pm today, and by 4 pm - we had heat! And all it took was a $36 part, my dad's insider connections, and a little bit of elbow grease on the parts of Geoff and my dad. Oh, and I fed them. But in the meantime, I got to spend the afternoon with my mom. So despite the cold beginning, it ended up being a pretty great day.

HOORAY FOR PARENTS. Especially the kind who don't mind coming to their children's rescue every once in a while.

I'm feeling incredibly grateful that:
(a) It's November in Winnipeg and still 16 degrees outside
(b) We didn't have to worry about a cold house with a newborn here
(c) We got away with a $36 furnace fix

Geoff and I went for a short walk early this evening. I wish I could walk more, but the baby dropped lower today (as if that's even possible...) and it was just too uncomfortable. We peeked into a few shops close to our house to admire their new Christmas stuff, then headed back home. Since then, it's been a quiet night on the couch with Law & Order reruns and the SNL Presidential Bash.

Is it just me, or do the first couple of days after Daylight Savings Time always feel a little off? I keep on thinking it's bedtime because it's so dark.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 03, 2008 9:45 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I agree - everything seems a bit off cuz of the time change.

I check your blog three or four times a day Lindsay - make sure someone keeps us informed if Briony makes her appearance!

 
At November 03, 2008 11:54 PM, Blogger Amber said...

I agree too! Even though we got to sleep in an extra hour, my body is still telling me that just a couple days ago, it would have been 12:47 right now :(

 
At November 04, 2008 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it happen to be a thermocoupler dysfunction? We had that happen also but were able to discover it prior to cold weather. It cost far more than $30+ however. A recommended furnace repairman said our furnace needs checking every two years and if he does it, he automatically replaces the thermocoupler.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home