Monday, November 03, 2008

Due Date

Well, today's the day. Unfortunately, I don't think our baby knows that. I'd imagine that there is a distinct lack of calendars or other timekeeping devices in there :)

How I'm Feeling:
BIG. Uncomfortable. Tired. Emotional. Apprehensive. Nervous excitement. Wanting to meet our baby. (Eek, that was not the most positive list... It's not as bad as it sounds, I promise!)

New Stuff Last Month:
- More 'practice' contractions
- Various icky late-pregnancy symptoms
- Some swelling in my ankles and fingers by the end of the day
- Outgrowing more of my maternity clothes
- Feeling the baby drop (and now worrying every time I sneeze, hehe)
- Lots of hip pain
- A couple of prenatal massages... ahhh...
- Finished my weekly Prenatal Yoga classes
- Finished working, and started mat leave
- Lots of doctors appointments
- Packed for the hospital

What's On Mommy's Mind:
I think that every day makes me a little more excited to meet you. Whether or not I'll have any idea what to do when you get here is another question entirely... But your daddy and I are very much looking forward to meeting you and bringing you home to live with us.

I'm starting to get pretty uncomfortable now, but I'm making sure to enjoy these moments. I still feel lucky to be pregnant with you, and to get to experience all of this.

The doctor told us again last week that you're doing well, and that everything's ready to go... We're just waiting for my body to decide that it's time. It sounds like such a simple thing, but it's so hard to wait and wonder. But no matter how long these weeks seem right now, you'll be here before we know it and we'll look back on this someday and wonder where the time went.

You have no idea how much we love you already, and how excited we are that you're coming. We can't wait for our little family to become three people. You are so wanted, so anticipated, and so loved.



I don't really feel like taking a new picture right now. Maybe later today. For now, you can all just deal with this one from late last week :)

Psst! Click on the 'Month By Month' tag below to view past updates and belly pictures.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At November 03, 2008 8:44 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Haha, "Lack of time keeping devices in there"

I'm thinking about you and Briony ALL the time Lindsay, wondering when we're all going to get to meet her too. It seems like your pregnancy has flown by, and that it was just a few weeks ago that you and Christine were teasing me with the big news.

Hopefully you have enough maternity clothes left to last you a few more days :)

How's your sister doing? She's past due now too! Oh, poor grandma, waiting on not one, but two grandbabies!

 
At November 03, 2008 9:13 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

:)

I know, Grandma is having a rough time. A full week ago, she was talking to my belly and telling her that she should come out now.

My sister is still waiting too - so I'm waiting to become a mom AND an aunt.

I'm with you - I have no idea how nine months can fly by so quickly.

 
At November 03, 2008 11:01 AM, Blogger Allison Friesen said...

There's still hope for today. I went into labor on my due date!

Hopefully it will happen soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

 
At November 03, 2008 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We should get her a Blackberry! Then her and mommy can be on the same schedule, lol :)

Can't wait to meet you, little one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home