Saturday, November 01, 2008

A Little Bit Discouraged

I could use a little bit of encouragement this weekend. I woke up during the night feeling sick - fever, sore throat, congested, and achy. I'm taking good care of myself and feeling a little better today, but I'm far from healed.

As you can imagine, knowing that this baby is coming within the next two weeks, I'm a little worried about the implications of labour, delivery, and new motherhood when I'm feeling less than awesome to begin with. The flu symptoms are one thing - I can totally handle that - but along with feeling sick, I'm also feeling the effects of an arthritis flare-up. And that has me a little panicked.

I've been so healthy throughout this pregnancy that I'd pretty much managed to push all my old arthritis worries from my head. I really thought that I'd be able to avoid the c-section that my doctors have always told me to expect. And so far, there has been no reason at all to believe that I'd be unable to deliver this baby on my terms (assuming, of course, that she cooperates). Now I'm not so sure. I know that it doesn't really matter *how* she's born, but I know that my heart has been set on a non-surgical delivery - and I know that I'll be disappointed if my arthritis comes back just long enough to destroy that dream, or to mess with my ability to take care of our new baby girl.

There's still time for this flare-up to go away... I'd appreciate your prayers and positive thoughts this weekend. Thanks :)

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At November 01, 2008 1:43 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

I know this isn't what you want to hear...but as long as she is born healthy, don't worry about the process too much.

Prayers are with you Lins.

 
At November 01, 2008 2:44 PM, Blogger Danae said...

I keep thinking about you these days and saying a little prayer that things will go well with your final days and your delivery. These last few days can be tough with the physical and emotional feelings being so intense meanwhile thinking every day could be "the" day.... hope you feel better soon... put your feet up, drink lots of water and sleep as much as you can!

 
At November 01, 2008 4:32 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

You are on my mind so much, Lindsay! Thank you for being specific with your concerns. I have been praying and will continue to do so! God has seen you through so much already, and He will see you through this too. Sending love, hugs, and prayers your way!

 
At November 01, 2008 6:47 PM, Blogger Domestic Bloggess said...

Thinking of you lots these days and hoping everything goes as you hope. I don't know if you've heard this, but sometimes signs of early labour include feeling sick. Maybe this is Miss Briony's heads up saying "get ready mom ... here I come!" I'm puttin' my money on her arrival within the next 3 days.

 
At November 02, 2008 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember a certain girl who did a full marathon while she was hurting and pushing herself to her limit and beyond. Consider this another marathon and the people praying for you are your cheerleaders and some of us are those angels who walked with you the last few km.'s and over the finish line. You can do this. Take care of yourself and don't worry about the things you can't control. Easier said than done ;)

 
At November 02, 2008 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't have to do this alone.
You have a strong spirit to survive and you will.He promised to be with us until----whatever-- you need to relax,treat the symptoms and ask to have your nose spray during the labor!! .Its a matter of time and patience.My prayers are with you.

 
At November 02, 2008 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many, frequent prayers and I agree with Margaret. Briony will come and you will manage to overcome whatever challenges you are faced with. Take courage:)

 
At November 02, 2008 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to do great! God's got it all taken care of. My prayers are going up for you. Love you, darling!

 
At November 02, 2008 9:08 PM, Blogger ka said...

For what it's worth...

Scarlett was thisclose to an emergency c-section delivery (that's what happens when you spend 2 and a half days being induced). I fought it and asked if we could hold off just a bit longer. The doc said yes, but did tell Kris that if push came to shove they'd be wheeling me down the hall regardless of how I felt about it. You know the rest - all of a sudden she decided to come and the whole thing was done within 6 hours of that time...

In hindsight, I'm not sure why I was so anti-c-section. Now I really could care less how she showed up because she's here. And she sure ain't going back... ;)

I still vote she's going to be late. As least a little bit...

 
At November 03, 2008 9:16 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thank you all... :)

My cold/flu is letting up, but I'm still feeling lots of arthritis stuff. I'm working hard to just let it go and worry about things that I can control instead of these things that I can't. It's harder some days than others...

It's been my worst fear for so many years that I'd have a baby and not be able to take care of her because of my arthritis - but I can't dwell on that. God has brought us this far, and he's not going to leave us now. However this happens, and whatever's still coming, I need to trust him to take care of it. (Easier said than done!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home