Monday, September 22, 2008

Surprise Baby Shower

So apparently the way to fool Lindsay into a surprise party is really quite simple: ask her to plan it.

On Saturday morning, I met up with the Cocoonettes for what I thought was a 'Welcome Back Asta Brunch' - planned by yours truly in honour of our former assistant who moved back to Lithuania for the summer, but recently made her (temporary) return back to Winnipeg. For the uninitiated, the Cocoonettes are all the girls who are presently or have recently worked at Cocoon, plus the Cocoon boys' significant others. We get together for Girls Nights at least every couple of months - more often, if we can manage it.

I seriously did not catch on that anything had been going on behind my back before people started showing up at Cora's with pink baby gift bags. It was a surprise baby shower. For me. Silly girl. And I'd even volunteered to get up and head to the restaurant extra-early to ensure we'd have a table.

Kudos and thank you to the Cocoonettes. Briony is seriously going to be the best-dressed baby girl in town, destined for a career in... well, advertising, naturally.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 10:43 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Haha, yay! Success! I hope you and Briony like all the new gifts :) You have no idea how many times I checked to be sure I clicked the "make this even secret" option on facebook, haha.

 
At September 22, 2008 11:20 AM, Blogger Jobina said...

Haha! They got you!
BTW, great choice of a place to eat, I LOVE Cora's!

 
At September 22, 2008 1:07 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I LOVE that they surprised you. He he!

 
At September 22, 2008 2:18 PM, Blogger JoJo said...

That is brilliant! I'm going to remember that next time I have to plan a surprise event.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home