Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Eight Months

You know you're in the home stretch when you feel like you spend more Quality Time with doctors than with actual people... Sheesh. We're definitely nearing the final sprint. I have less than four weeks for work left - and then Thanksgiving, and then three weeks until the expected arrival of our baby girl. I can't believe how time is flying by...

How I'm Feeling:
Tired. Busy. A little bit crazy. Round. Excited. Emotional.

New Stuff Last Month:
- Very strong kicks and squirms
- A very odd-looking belly button :)
- A second session of Prenatal Yoga
- Starting to get the nursery ready
- More heartburn
- A second glucose test (normal!)
- Feeling very protective of Baby
- Mostly wearing flat shoes now... BOO

What's On Mommy's Mind:
Hi Briony. How are you doing in there? Seems like you're having a pretty good time, if all that wiggling and moving around means that you're happy. My books say that you're over four pounds now, and seventeen inches long. No wonder you're squirming so much - it must be getting crowded in there!

Part of me can't help but poke at my stomach every once in a while, asking you to come out. And part of me is really sad that soon you won't be a part of me anymore, that you'll be out there in the world and I won't be able to feel every movement you make. It's complicated.

I'm starting to feel more like your mommy every day. I had a scare this month when someone bumped into the back of my car at a red light. It was a tiny little accident with no real damage to the car. I was only hurt a little bit, and you were absolutely safe tucked away inside of me. But it made me really angry that someone would be so careless around you. I realized that I can't always protect you. And that was really scary for me, because I want you to grow up safe.

Things are starting to change around our house... Your daddy's been working to move his things out of your room so that we can start painting and moving your things in. In the next couple of weeks, it will be all set up - just waiting for you to come and live with us.

You have no idea how much we love you already, and how excited we are that you're coming. We can't wait for our little family to become three people. You are so wanted, so anticipated, and so loved.



Psst! Click on the 'Month By Month' tag below to view past updates and belly pictures.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At September 16, 2008 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear things are about 'on target' and to see how Briony is growing:) This Grandma is getting excited!

 
At September 16, 2008 8:47 PM, Blogger Jobina said...

You look GREAT!!! I just love pregnant bellies!

 
At September 16, 2008 10:38 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Hmmm...you must have conceived your little bean around the time our little bean was born. I just wrote a post about Trinity being eight months and then I stop off here and see that you are eight months along. I can't believe how quickly time has passed. It seems like yesterday that you sent out the news. I can't wait to see pictures of your little Briony. Funny that her and Trinity will actually be in the same grade.

 
At September 16, 2008 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the feeling of being sad after having both my girls because I loved having them tucked inside of me. I felt empty and like something important was missing for a long time. Every so often I would put my hands on my stomach and remember that it was no longer holding a baby. But that feeling soon disappears as you get completely wrapped up in the loveliness of holding your baby in your arms and getting to smell them and nuzzle their cheeks and gaze into their sweet little eyes! I'm so excited for you to meet and hold your little girl! : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home