Monday, September 22, 2008

Setbacks and Looking Ahead

On Friday after work, I went to go officially register Team Sherri for Run for the Cure. As of last week, we have twenty-four people signed up and $3,800 raised - and both of those numbers are still growing. Awesome.

It had been a really busy day, and I flew from work to home to The Running Room without really thinking about it. But as soon as I was back in my car, I burst into completely random tears. I'm not really sure what it was exactly... I'm really excited about doing Run for the Cure, and I think it's going to be a really fun and positive day. But I got a little bit angry on Friday. I don't want my mom to have cancer. I am so sick of us being a Cancer Family.

The good news is that - after Wednesday - my mom has just one more chemo treatment to go. And then radiation. But I'm trying really hard not to think about that yet.

Before her second-last chemo treatment, though, we're celebrating her birthday - yesterday at Falcon with her big family, and tonight at dinner with our little family. And there is so much to celebrate.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right on for Team Sherri! My sister and I will be doing our own private 'run' here in Abbotsford that day in her honour. And Happy Birthday, Sherri!

 
At September 22, 2008 8:54 PM, Blogger gloria said...

is it not awesome how well the team is doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home