Tuesday, September 23, 2008

In Need of a Prayer

In about 15 minutes, I'm leaving work to go give a 'motivational talk' at an Arthritis Society luncheon event at the Art Gallery - talking about arthritis research alongside the Chair of Rheumatology Research for the province and the Minister of Healthy Living.

Which is fine. Except that while I'm writing this, my parents are on their way to the hospital for an unscheduled visit to check out the swelling and complications my mom is having with her port that's installed in her chest.

It's overwhelming, and I'm not really sure how I'm supposed to wrap my head around both of those things right now. Which is why I need some help. If you're reading this today, please say a quick prayer for all of us. We really need for my mom to be okay today, so that they can go ahead with her next chemo treatment tomorrow morning as planned - so that she can finish treatment as quickly as possible, and hopefully before the babies come.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 12:02 PM, Blogger Melanie said...

I'm on it.

 
At September 23, 2008 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me, too.

 
At September 23, 2008 3:24 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Thank you :)

The speaking thing went really well. But I'm still waiting for an update on my mom...

 
At September 23, 2008 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying:)
hugs

 
At September 23, 2008 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel overwhelmed with the fact that she is uncomfortable and that the show must go on.Its hard to be thankful when Life is dismal.But the sun is shining and tomorrow will be another day.Eva

 
At September 23, 2008 11:00 PM, Blogger Kathy said...

I'm definitely praying too.

 
At September 24, 2008 9:38 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

An update from my mom...

"Not sure what to say. When we got to the hospital, the doctor was convinced we were dealing with a blood clot and I was also told that my blood count from yesterday was too low to go ahead with chemo after all. We waited for an ultrasound to confirm the blood clot this afternoon and had my blood test redone. The blood test came back better than yesterday and there was no blood clot to be found. They can't explain the swollen neck. More blood was taken to test for a bacterial infection but with no fever this doesn't seem likely. So... The long and short of it is that I'm still on for chemo for tomorrow. Thanks again for praying. You can keep me in your prayers for tomorrow at 9:30."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home