Monday, June 23, 2008

Five Months

Argh. I'm getting seriously fed up with all the books and websites that count weeks and months of pregnancy differently. According to *most* of them, I'm living in Month Five right now - and any way you slice it, I'm officially more than halfway done. Now there's a bittersweet revelation.

I feel like I've been doing a lousy job of documenting this pregnancy (at least compared to what I imagine *good* moms probably do), so I am officially introducing my monthly pregnancy update.

How I'm Feeling:
Worried. Happy. Excited. Nervous. Healthy. Hungry. More energetic. Emotional. POOR :)

New Stuff Last Month:
- Our first glimpse of Baby in an ultrasound
- Feeling the first little flutter-kicks
- Screening test results (negative!)
- Outgrowing my last pair of non-maternity jeans
- Watching my upper stomach start to expand... and expand...
- Starting to feel less fat and more pregnant

What's On Mommy's Mind:
It was so amazing to finally see you this month, and to experience some signs that you're really in there and that you're happy and healthy. I wish you could see your Daddy's face whenever he hears your heartbeat at our doctor's appointments... We're both so excited to welcome you into our little family soon. Daddy has started visiting with you almost every night, pressing his ear up against my tummy so he can hear your heartbeat and all the kicking going on in there - and there's lots of it!

We started shopping for you this month. I hope you like Classic Pooh, because we went a little crazy with it. It's been so fun to start collecting baby things - everything is so small and so soft. When I've had a bad day, your Daddy sometimes picks up one of the receiving blankets we have and just presses it into my hand... It makes me smile every single time. We've made most of the decisions about what your nursery will look like, now it's just a matter of cleaning out all of your Daddy's toys from in there and putting it all together. I think that the most fun thing for me to pick out for you so far has been hunting for a rocking chair. I know that you and I will spend many, many hours sitting there together.

You have no idea how much we love you already, and how excited we are that you're coming. We can't wait for our little family to become three people. You are so wanted, so anticipated, and so loved.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At June 23, 2008 9:42 PM, Blogger ka said...

Whatever. Get a real belly. That's amateur hour. I think mine was that big around week one. :)

How's that for morale support? You look fab dahling. Is it too early to say I'm really thinking girl? Then again, I've been wrong on the last, like, 6 (including my own), so maybe not...

 
At June 23, 2008 9:49 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Aw, I miss you :)

Some random old lady canvassing for epilepsy at our house tonight would NOT shut up about how I'm obviously carrying a boy. I have no idea what I think. But I do know that I'm carrying a heck of a lot higher than my sister, for whatever that's worth.

And I know you're thinking girl. You've been calling my baby Princess since Day One. Not very subtle, my friend :P

 
At June 23, 2008 10:49 PM, Blogger Jolene said...

Let me start by saying...you look really cute. I remember that strange stage between really showing and just having a belly. All the sudden you look pregant...and then you have to watch out for those dreaded "tummy touchers." They lurk everywhere...some how they think your tummy is no longer inside your personal bubble.

As for whethere it's a boy or girl...I was COMPLETELY convinced (along with everyone in our family but my little sister) that we were having a boy. I didn't really believe my friend when she said "It's a girl!" It only hit me when I got my first pink gift that all of our predictions were wrong. I carried TOTALLY different than my sister-in-law and we both had girls. Go figure.

Enjoy all of those flutters. I miss having Trinity in my tummy...although there is no end to her "fluttering" right now.

 
At June 24, 2008 9:13 AM, Blogger it's a gong show... said...

great pic lindsay!

i love pregnant tummys (as long as they're not mine :)

 
At June 24, 2008 10:04 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Aw, this was sweet Lindsay. But just so you know, I'm *still* laughing at classic pooh, and the very baby room ;)

 
At June 24, 2008 11:33 AM, Blogger Elleah said...

We got Winnie the Pooh crib bedding and a Pooh chair for Kiera...I love Pooh things. I like the part about your husband putting a receiving blanket in your hand. That's so sweet. :)

 
At June 24, 2008 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad for the picture...keep us updated. A few Grandma tears at reading this blog to baby:)

 
At June 26, 2008 10:46 PM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Jolene - Thank you! I can't believe I haven't met Trinity in person yet... It's been lots of fun to watch her grow up in all your pictures, starting with your growing pregnant tummy. She's ridiculously adorable :)

Brandy - You made me giggle...

Amber - It's okay, I can handle it. And you can make it up to me in cupcakes (so mock all you want to!).

Elleah - Yeah, I must admit. The Pooh stuff if kind of cute.

Marilyn - We're just getting warmed up here... Much funnier pictures to follow, I'm sure :)

 
At July 01, 2008 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest post ever! I'm sitting here with tears. I miss you and haven't even seen you since you got pregnant and it's a little emotional for me to see your cute tummy. I cannot wait to see you on Friday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home