Monday, June 23, 2008

First Round Knock-Out

And Round One goes to... Lindsay's Mom! I just heard from my parents, who are back at home after a day of chemo that went absolutely according to plan. I cried a few happy tears at work while I was on my cell phone with them, but my fellow Cocooners are all getting used to that by now :)

My mom has a headache, but she feels pretty good so far. That's no guarantee of how the next 48 hours will go (or what will happen with subsequent treatments), but - for today, in this moment - it's some very welcome good news. God is so good, and I've been dwelling on that promise all day about how he'll never allow anything to happen to us that's too much for us to handle. I'll be heading out there after work tomorrow to spend Tuesday night and all day Wednesday with my mom, and we're planning to experiment with some super-healthy smoothie recipes.

For those of you keeping score... I think this makes it Lindsay's Mom - 5, Breast Cancer - 0. (I told you not to mess with my mom.)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At June 23, 2008 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay!
Also love the cousin photo.

 
At June 23, 2008 6:43 PM, Blogger Amber said...

So happy to hear Lindsay, I knew it would all go according to plan :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home