Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy and Healthy

So I made my grand return to the office yesterday somewhat apprehensively, but I managed to fight my way through the day (in all fairness, I got off to a late start, but still, I was pretty proud of myself). I had absolutely no energy last night, but I'm back today - and feeling human again. Thanks for your concern. I was begging for death on Monday and Tuesday... I honestly don't remember the last time I felt so miserable.

Just got back from our Week 20 doctor's appointment. The results from the screening test were back, and Baby shows absolutely no risk factors for down's syndrome, spina bifida, or any of those other kind of scary diseases. Not that we wouldn't love this baby to death regardless, but... It was still very happy news. The ultrasound results from last week weren't back yet (boo), but I've been assured that the delay in results is a good thing - he always hears back right away if there was anything questionable.

Other than that, Baby's heart was beating away, and we heard lots of scratching sounds indicating that Baby is still behaving like a little acrobatic monkey in there. I'm glad that I'm still only feeling occasional flutters so far :)

I've been worrying about so many things lately... I'm not feeling very consistent movement. I've been having absolutely zero pregnancy symptoms over the last couple of weeks. I'm not showing anywhere close to as much as my sister (I know better than to play comparison games, but you'd imagine that a full-blood relative a week ahead of you during their first pregnancy would be a decent indicator) - but she looks adorable and pregnant, and I still look chubby. And I've seriously only gained one pound so far (don't hate me, you know I'll be a hippopotamus by the end of this just like all of you). All of these things combined to make me more than just a little bit nervous about how Baby is doing in there.

I'm starting to think that these monthly appointments are more about reassuring me than actually doing 'real' medical stuff.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At June 19, 2008 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay, I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better and "not quite dead yet" - altho that phrase isn't as funny as it used to be. I'm also very glad to hear that my grandbaby's heartbeat is strong and healthy and the tests came back normal. Lots to be thankful for!

 
At June 19, 2008 3:57 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

You're probably right. And that is a seriously creepy picture you posted there.

 
At June 22, 2008 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry...did you call me a hippopotamus?

 
At June 23, 2008 8:41 AM, Blogger ka said...

If Jess is all bump and you are all chubbs then i say it's because she is having a boy and you are having a girl. Do you recall who hardly looked preggo when they told you at the halfway mark? Mind you, I'd put on a LOT more than a pound at this point... ;)

 
At June 25, 2008 9:27 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Aw, I want to be the hippo, but I'll let you be the elephant.

^^, hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home