Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Baby's First Concert

Geoff and I took Baby to its first concert yesterday - Lupe Fiasco, N.E.R.D., Rihanna, and Kanye West at the MTS Centre. It was an absolutely amazing show, probably the best I've ever been to. It ran almost five hours long, so today's been a little sleepy. But it was totally worth today's fatigue to experience that level of musicianship and talent all in one place like that, with such an amped-up crowd. Very cool. I don't think I can pick a favourite performer of the night... If you held a gun to my head (which you couldn't have anyway, thanks to a ridiculous amount of security at the MTS Centre last night), I'd be tempted to say that - as cool and elaborate as Kanye's set was, that honour probably belongs to Lupe Fiasco.

And now Baby has an appreciation for rap... hehe.

Something cool... Janet Jackson flew into Winnipeg yesterday night and was there for Kanye's set.

Something less cool... Rumour has it, Chris Brown was there too.

And a noteworthy side note... The Free Press reviewer reported that N.E.R.D. and Rihanna were there, with no mention of Lupe Fiasco (apparently, an entire amazing 35 minute set PLUS joining Kanye for his encore doesn't count?). She also noted that SOS was Rihanna's breakout first single (not true). Sigh. You just can't trust the media these days.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2008 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, I'm so jealous. I wanted to go to that concert so bad, but I think I'm going to a lot already (and Coldplay is coming). I'm so happy it was so great. Sounds like a great show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home