Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend Update: Tired and Hungry Edition

FRIDAY: My work week ended with all kinds of drama last week. Specifically, the person in our office who is in charge of keeping our space clean decided that they shouldn't have to do it anymore - and suggested a new policy that whoever's turn it was to clean the bathroom (we all take weeks) should also mop and clean up the entrance / lobby area. I had issues with the new policy to begin with - and then I found out whose turn it was last week. I was stuck dealing with weeks (possibly months) of sullenly neglected floors. Ugh. Thankfully, after an hour of toiling on my own, Christine and Dolly both pitched in and helped. After that, a few of us went for drinks until Geoff was done work and met me for dinner. It was a super-fun ending to a really, really loooong day.

SATURDAY: Not a sleep-in day. I got up, made myself semi-presentable, and headed out to visit my herbal consultant. Long story, which I will share later. From there, I spent the afternoon having tea at my brother's place - delightful - before picking up groceries and heading home to do some laundry. Very fabulous and exciting :)

SUNDAY: REALLY not a sleep-in day. I got up at 6, started getting ready, stopping getting ready and drove Geoff to work, came home and continued to get ready, then headed to Niverville for an 8 am soundcheck. Did soundcheck, met my mom for breakfast, went to church. Are you keeping up with me so far?

I had so many Sunday highlights. The first was getting to SING. I hadn't been able to sing in church with my team in weeks - more like months. My health has just not allowed me to. But it felt SO GOOD to be back. Just walking into soundcheck, I couldn't help smiling. I can't describe why it means so much to me. It just does. I have a totally unique and powerful worship experience when I'm on stage with that group of people, and it's such a joy.

And my aunt Verna was in church, and joined my parents and I for lunch. I hadn't seen her since her heart attack scare a few weeks ago, and it just made my happy to spend some time with her. She's special to me.

And then, I got to spend some time with my parents, which I haven't done in a while. My mom and I spent a chunk of the afternoon in their hot tub, which was so nice.

And it's not over yet... In the early evening, I headed over to Kathy and Greg's place with Emily and Rocky where we enjoyed dinner together (I brought my own... sigh) and then we all made an appearance at our church's Young Adults group. Yes, people gasped in amazement... hehe. Kathy was speaking on the topic of heaven, and she did such an incredible job. I was so very proud of her, and I was encouraged and challenged by what she shared.

Finally, I set out for home. And the roads were TERRIBLE. It took me forever to get home, driving 30 km/h on very icy and blustery highways. Shudder. But I arrived safe and sound. And exhausted. And quite happily slept like a log until my blasted alarm went off in the morning.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home