Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Update: Fun and Games Edition

FRIDAY: Okay, so Friday wasn't so much about the fun and games. Geoff came to pick me up from work, but I got stuck in a meeting - so he wasn't really happy. Then we had to rush around to get him to work on time for his night shift - so I wasn't really happy. This unhappiness was cured by a quick stop at the mall, where I found the most perfect pair of black dress pants. Three cheers for retail therapy! I finally got settled in at home around 8 pm and worked like crazy to get a bunch of client work done (see previous post). Up too late, but very productive - so that was okay.

SATURDAY: As per usual when Geoff's working a weekend full of night shifts, I slept in a little before tiptoeing out of bed and getting ready for my day. I spent the morning and early afternoon running some errands, then returned home and made a late lunch for both of us. The Boy and I spent a little quality time cleaning up the house, then he left for work - and I had all the Cocoon girls (and the boys' significant others) over for Girls Night. We laughed and talked about played board games and ate too much food. Very good times.

SUNDAY: On Sunday morning, I attended the International Church of Lindsay - I just wasn't in the mood to haul my fabulous self to church. Instead, I made a cup of tea and settled into my favourite (slightly ugly) reading chair with a very good book. Happy sigh. It was exactly what my soul needed. I woke Sleeping Beauty from his slumber and we headed out to meet my family for lunch, in honour of Jessica's recent 20th birthday. From there, I had a little bit of an afternoon adventure (see my next post). And then - it was party time again! A bunch of friends came over to watch the Oscars and we had a GREAT time. More very good times.

And with that... The weekend was over. Lots of fun. But I'm glad that I have five days to recover before the next one :)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home