Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Princess

I have put so much energy into convincing people that I am NOT a princess, and I realized this morning that I totally am. Geoff is working today, which meant that - for the first time in 2008, if you can believe it - I had to drive myself to work. Yep, that's right. I had to go outside, warm up my car, brush off all the snow, make my own coffee (shut up), drive and park, and then walk to the office in the FREEZING cold.

Ew.

Even I have the common sense to be a little bit embarrassed about how prissy I've become - though I know it has everything to do with the fact that I've been sick. Still... At the very least, maybe I'll start setting up the coffee stuff the night before and hitting the little 'timer' button on our machine :)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At January 23, 2008 7:24 AM, Blogger ka said...

Oh, Linds. This comes as no surprise to the rest of us. :)

For the record... I got up at 5:45 this morning to make sandwiches AND coffee for The Boy before he left for work at 6. Then I just got myself ready and left because the flooring guy is coming today so I need to leave work early. Maybe boys are just a novelty when they aren't home every day. :)

 
At January 23, 2008 10:55 PM, Blogger gloria said...

Sweetheart, my husband brings me coffee in bed every morning when he is home. Although, come to think of it, this may be more "survival technique" than "spoiling the wife".

You are not spoiled, you are being cared for as you should be.

 
At January 28, 2008 8:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Gloria! You have to be prissy to make your marriage work. They want to take care of you. Before I got married, I was an independent woman and now I don't even remember to check my oil. It's all Marc's fault! LOL.

Mel

PS - glad to here about the detox and the natural medicine path. That's exciting. Talk to you soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home