Thursday, October 04, 2007

Back to Normal(ish)

So 95% of my stuff is moved into the house, and about 2/3 of that is unpacked. Geoff very nearly had a heart attack when he saw the bedroom closet. Fine, closets. I guess I have a lot of stuff. I'm planning to tackle the kitchen tonight... Wish me luck!

We spent Monday with Rob & Vicky (Geoff's best man and his wife) and had a great time with them before they returned to Vancouver. I hadn't really had a chance to get to know them before this week - we were in BC for their wedding in May, but they were understandably busy during that time - and it was great to spend some time together.

Tuesday, we started the process of getting our marriage registered and my name changed. It felt really weird, and I still have no idea how to sign things - I think that girls are supposed to practice writing their new name, but that always seemed kind of strange to me. Well, right up to the point where my name is almost officially changed, and I don't know how to write it down.

Our friends and family came over on Tuesday night for a potluck dinner, and we opened cards and gifts from the wedding. We were so overwhelmed and grateful. My favourite part was seeing the guest book - we had pages for people to sign beside Polaroids we took of all our guests, and it was so much fun to see everyone who was there and read all their comments.

And then yesterday, we were up early to drive Marilyn to the airport. The rest of the day was spent moving stuff from the old house to the new house, unpacking (see above), running errands, finalizing honeymoon bookings, paying bills, more name change stuff, another acupuncture appointment for Lindsay, and just general busyness.

All in all, probably not the most glamorous three post-wedding days in history, but they had an easy kind of perfection to them. It's not a huge adjustment. It's more like lots of tiny little adjustments. But happy adjustments. We're incredibly happy, and that's the most important thing.

This morning, we had a 'breakfast date' - a very normal thing for us, but a little bit strange today because we didn't have to meet anywhere. Then I went to work and Geoff went for his blood donation appointment. Back to normal. The new normal. And so it begins...

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At October 04, 2007 10:43 PM, Blogger Black Out Photography said...

Is it weird to think that last time you were at work, you weren't married and you lived somewhere else? I think that was a weird feeling for me when I went back to work for the first time after. OHHH!!! WHAT DID YOU GET FROM YOUR CO-WORKERS?????

 
At October 05, 2007 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a shout out to Geoff's best man, that was a hilarious speech. He seems like such a great guy. It was neat to see Geoff's 1/2 of the world.

Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home