Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Update: Ultra-Fabulous Girls Night Edition

Spent Friday night with my mom and her sisters, celebrating my mom and Val's freakish double birthday (for the uninitiated, my mom's littlest sister was born on her birthday, exactly 10 years later). Basically just ate and sat in the hot tub and relaxed, and it was great. Got back to Winnipeg just in time to jump in the shower, head over to Geoff's place, and get kidnapped.

Which is a nice little transition into my shout-out to my girls, who surprised me with Girls Night on Saturday. I'm quite literally battered and bruised, but I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

Emily, Anja, and Kari-Ann kidnapped me around 6 pm, and we met up with Erin and Mel. We started out at a dance class, which was where most of the battery (and the giggling) took place. I can remember lying on the floor - following a somewhat-less-than-graceful landing - and just laughing and laughing and laughing... After that, we classed it up a bit and had a sleepover at the Hilton. Nothing too crazy, but it was really nice to spend time with my girls. In the morning, a bunch of us headed over to Cora's for brunch, which was a nice ending.

Of course, it's real life, so nothing ever really goes off without a hitch. We all woke up early-ish on Sunday when Em's phone rang with news that her grandma had passed away in her sleep. She left for Pennsylvania this morning to go and say goodbye, and my heart is breaking for her and Mandy. Wishing you safe travels and a really special time with your family... You know she loved you enough that you can never doubt it, and I can just imagine how she announced her arrival in heaven: 'Hello, this is LOIS EBERLY. From PENNSYLVANIA...' :)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2007 4:47 PM, Blogger ka said...

Unfortunately you weren't the best kidnap victim... We tried to really surprise you and come at 5, but you weren't there. Sheesh. :)

Laughs all around indeed... And we thought you'd appreciate the juxtaposition of uncoordinated dancing and a night at the Hilton.

Oh yeah. I said juxtaposition. :)

 
At September 24, 2007 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry I couldn't be there. :( No really......I wanted to come so bad(you know that's right up my alley.....what with the "baby got back" thing and all). I hear you were quite a natural! :)

 
At September 25, 2007 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So nobody is going to mention that poles were involved? Sheesh!!!! I guess I'm just the wild one in the bunch! Still bruised too.

Hugs,
Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home