Tuesday, September 25, 2007

The Brave One

I did something today that felt a little bit brave. I had dinner with Geoff's mom, his brother, his sister, his brother-in-law, his three nieces and his nephew. And Geoff was at work.

Marilyn arrived yesterday around lunchtime, and Al and Joanne and the kids arrived early this evening. Marilyn and Kevin made dinner for all of us at Geoff's house, and it was kind of awesome to arrive 'home' after work to the smell of dinner cooking! It was so fun to see everyone, and I think my new family is great. I giggled through most of dinner (at least 50% at Elizabeth's expense... sorry!).

Five days until the wedding!

And tomorrow, I'm doing something that sounds like a small thing, but feels incredibly brave to me. Tomorrow morning is my first acupuncture appointment, and I'll also be meeting with the doctor to find out the results of all the tests we ran two weeks ago. I don't really feel emotionally equipped to deal with this right now. But I also don't feel like being sick anymore. I just can't really handle any more bad news for a while. Heck, I don't even know what I'd do with good news at this point. Geoff is coming with me, which helps me feel a little bit braver.

Anxious
of course I'm anxious
afraid
of course I'm afraid
I don't know what about
I don't know what of
but I'm afraid
and I feel it's
right to be.
(Miriam Waddington)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At September 26, 2007 3:16 AM, Blogger sherri said...

I will pray for you.

 
At September 26, 2007 9:42 AM, Blogger gloria said...

me too!

 
At September 26, 2007 10:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey honey! I'll pray that everything goes alright! See you Friday - enjoy this time before the wedding. You can breathe later (spelling? I'm a math girl...) Mel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home