Sunday, July 29, 2007

Tagged by Erin

1. If you could live ANY one place in the world where would it be and why would you choose that destination?
Ooh, good question. I'm assuming this is a hypothetical. Because I'm really happy living in Winnipeg and I can see myself staying here indefinitely. BUT if I had to choose impractically, I've always loved London and the chaos and culture of that city made me blissfully happy. Lausanne's high on that list as well. Also on the impractical list, I think San Francisco is pretty fun (and AMAZING weather!). More practically, I fell in love with Montreal last summer and could see myself there for longer than just a vacation. Vancouver's great too, minus the rain - for some reason, I had an easier time dealing with the rain in London that I do in Vancouver. Anyway. Who knows what the future holds... But this girl's pretty content where she is.

2. Are you doing what you thought you'd be doing in life and if not, where did you think you'd be or what did you think you'd be doing at this time of your life?
Honestly? I am EXACTLY where I thought I'd be. I mean, my job is different. But I'm at the precise life stage I kind of always wanted to be at. I wanted some years on my own to get to know me and pursue the things that made me happy (once I realized what those things were). And now, I feel like I'm at a place where I really understand Lindsay and I'm able to share all those pieces - good and bad - with someone else. I'm finally at a place where I can enjoy a balanced relationship - no one's trying to 'save' anyone else. We're old enough to know what we're doing, but young enough that we don't need to scramble to start a family right away. If you'd asked me in high school, I'm following my timeline pretty accurately. Funny, the things that work out.

3. Are you an optimist or a pessimist (for the most part)?
I'd like to think that I'm a realist. I'm an optimist when it comes to others, and a little bit of a pessimist when it comes to myself - but I'm working on that.

4. What would be your dream job?
I'm pretty much doing it. I love meeting new clients and getting to know them and their businesses, collaborating to figure out what makes them great - and then helping them learn to communicate those great things to the right people, in the right way. It's so exciting to me to watch their business turn around, and the confidence they get from having a brand that represents them perfectly. Plus I get to work with a great group of people internally who all have varied and unique areas of specialty, and constantly show me how to see the world in different ways. I've touched on some image consulting in my work so far, and I'd love to have an opportunity to explore that more, and to get even deeper into the consulting part of my job. But all that will come.

5. And a fun one...if you were a paint color what would you be called (you know how paint has lots of fun/weird names)?
Um... Scared of Heights. And it would be a pale, perfect blue - the exact colour of the sky.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 30, 2007 8:51 AM, Blogger Erin said...

GREAT answers! I loved how in depth you went with them. And I absolutely adore your answer for the paint color questions...very nice : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home