Thursday, March 08, 2007

Fighting the Urge

Do you sometimes just want to be cranky? I've been fighting the urge all day.

I originally chose a career in education, teaching junior high and high school students. I was surrounded by moody people every day - because teenagers are moody by nature. But I was the teacher, so I had to be calm and patient and rational.

Then I decided I'd rather pursue a career in the world of advertising. And I've spent the last half-dozen or so years being surrounded by moody people every day - because creative people are moody by nature. But I am a suit, so I have to be calm and patient and rational.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely love my job. I just have days every once in a while where I'd love to get to be the moody one for just two minutes...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 08, 2007 10:15 PM, Blogger esther said...

bring it on i say...tee,hee!!

 
At March 09, 2007 8:29 AM, Blogger ka said...

I have a hat that I sometimes wear. It's called my *itch hat. And on the days that I'm wearing it, I don't have to be nice to anyone about anything. Everyone at work is aware of it. When the hat's on, enter at your own risk. When it's off, I promise to be nice and calm and relaxed.

Best. Idea. Ever. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home