Monday, March 05, 2007

By Lindsay Hildebrandt

Okay, so I am totally on a roll here. I decided that if I was brave enough to go back to the gym, then I must be brave enough to face another fear of mine: rejection. And so last week, with just a few quick clicks of my mouse, I sent off my very first attempt at having a freelance article published in a magazine: a pithy little commentary on the green movement. At least, I think so :)

The article's been sitting on my computer for months. I just couldn't quite work up the courage to send it off. It feels good to kick it off my computer's desktop and have it living in my 'sent' folder instead.

I know that one of two things are likely to happen:
1. I'll get no response at all
OR
2. I'll get a 'thank you for your submission, but it's not a good fit' standard email reply

But you know what? I don't think it matters. (Maybe ask me again in a few weeks.)

Last week, I have also managed to clean up some nagging financial worries, took an official leave of absence from a volunteer commitment that was getting to be way too much to handle, and (finally) purged my old cell phone address book of every boy I've formerly dated.

Not sure what will happen next, on this modest little quest to fill my world with things that make me happy... But stay tuned.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 05, 2007 4:16 PM, Blogger ka said...

Holy crap. What happened to the girl that liked her box?! What's next?!

:)

 
At March 05, 2007 5:40 PM, Blogger Erin said...

sounds like you're on a roll! Good for you! It's kinda fun to break out of your mold, hey?

 
At March 05, 2007 10:21 PM, Blogger steph said...

....or it could actually be liked and get published!

 
At March 06, 2007 11:26 AM, Blogger Lindsay said...

Kari-Ann & Erin -
Fun? Um, no. SCARY. I kind of like my box. But the best things seem to happen when I venture outside of it...

Steph -
Where my own plans are concerned, I prefer to plan on the worst and then be pleasantly surprised... But thanks for the vote of confidence! Maybe I'll work on that next :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home