Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wednesday Smile

Flipping through the Free Press during my lunch break today, I saw a picture of a girl I recognized right away. She was a student in the Performing Arts class I taught at Grant Park - waaay back in my B.Ed student teaching days. The story was talking about the research being done at U of M to discover more about the social implications of Asperger Syndrome, the form of autism that this girl has.

The article made my eyes fill up with happy tears, because she is 21 now - and she's very happily working on her anthropology degree at U of W, hoping to become an archeologist.

Just another lesson in perseverance and potential. I am so proud of her. We just don't get to hear success stories often enough.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At March 03, 2007 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! Guess where Mer is doing her practicum???? GRANT PARK HIGH! Curious who the dramatic arts teacher was when you were there - this new guy is a real prize.!!

Maggie (mother of mer, user of liquid laundry soap AND liquid dishwasher liquid)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home